25 Sep Our Chicago Trip Food Post
I can’t stop laughing over my hilarious title above. BUT REALLY! I decided I needed an entire separate post just for the yummy food we had in Chicago! When we travel, I always look up places on Instagram. I want to know what social media foodies are talking about. Well, they did not disappoint! By the way, I’ve started a separate Instagram account just on good eats. You can check it out at: GeorgiaGirlEats.
If you want to see all the details of our Chicago trip (what we did and where we went), go HERE.
1. Go Glazed Doughnuts had HUGE doughnuts. They came in different flavors, like Chocolate Dipped, Glazed, Red Velvet and Maple Bacon long John. It took me TWO DAYS to finish the Maple Bacon Long John, but it was so delicious, I didn’t mind.
2. Portillo’s Hot Dogs: This iconic Chicago spot had Chicago memorabilia all over the walls (and ceiling). For first time guests, you might be overwhelmed by how their ordering system works. Don’t stress! They have incredible customer service and they will make sure you get through the lines and to a table with your order in no time.
3. Do Rite Donuts: Yes, another doughnut shop! Chicago had a TON of different options in doughnut shops. We are so glad we checked out Do Rite Donuts. The employees were so hilarious and INCREDIBLE. We tried the Pistacho and Old-Fashioned with two steaming hot cups of coffee. Perfect start to our Saturday.
4. Labriola is where we went for A Chicago Deep Dish Pizza. We ordered the Meatball Pizza. For an appetizer, we also tried the calamari. It was delicious. I only have one regret about the pizza: I could only eat one slice and I wanted MORE.
5. We stopped by the famous Sugar Factory to get candy on our way out of town. My husband loves a good candy selection, and they had a huge variety at The Sugar Factory Chicago store.
6. Noodles Company was our place to eat after the Bears Game. They had amazing customer service. The portions were SO HUGE. Apparently, they have locations all over the United States except for Georgia!